The World Series of Poker is without a doubt the biggest event in the poker world and this year’s World Series of Poker Europe is what the poker players of France and Europe are waiting for. For the first time ever, the World Series of Poker will actually be held in France in its Hotel Majestic Barriere Casino Le Croisette in Cannes which makes the World Series of Poker known today as the World Series of Poker Europe. This is the fifth season of the WSOPE and it will start on October 7 and last for 14 days until October 21. There are seven tournaments overall and two of which are entered through a buy in of €10,000.
Fabrice Soulier Playing From His Homeland
As the World Series of Poker Europe will be held in France for the first time ever, French poker players will be glad to be able to take part in the prestigious event from their homeland. One of these players is Fabrice “FabSoul” Soulier who is basically known as the WSOP 2011 HORSE world champion who will be trying his best to win himself another bracelet this year as he did back in June in Vegas. Fabrice Soulier is the third ever French poker player to win a bracelet in the WSOP and has won a nice $609,130 during his coronation. The two others are Elie “punisher934” Payan and Bertrand “ElKYGrospellier.
As mentioned earlier, there will be seven tournaments overall in this year’s WSOPE and that a couple of these will have a buy in of €10,000 + €400. These two tournaments are the Split Format-No Limit Hold’em and of course, the WSOPE Main Event Championship. Other tournaments include Six Handed Pot Limit Omaha at the buy in of €1,500 + €120, Pot Limit Omaha with a buy in of €5,000 + €300, No Limit Hold’em SHOOTOUT with a buy in of €3,000 + €200, a No Limit Hold’em with a €1,000 + €90 buy in, and a Six Handed No Limit Hold’em tournament at €2,500 + €180.
The WSOPE to be held in Cannes is surely one of the biggest adventures its locals can take part of which gives them the chance to play for the bracelet. This is also a chance for them to show everyone what the French poker players are capable of.
More Related Articles
- EPT Berlin Season 7 Final Table: Battle of the big pokiesApril 10, 2011
- PokerStars Welcomes 15 New Online Pros to the TeamFebruary 12, 2011
- The Black Friday That WasMay 18, 2011
- Andreas “Skjervoy” Torbergsen becomes CardRunners’ newest InstructorAugust 17, 2010
- Patrik Antonius Wins BigAugust 23, 2010
- Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars Bans US PlayersApril 17, 2011
- Maxim Lykov Joins Team PokerStarsOctober 10, 2010
- 2011 WSOPE Main Event Day 1B Concluded – Lari Sihvo in the LeadOctober 18, 2011
- Phil Gordon Dismissed from RICO LawsuitJuly 23, 2011
- Kristin Bihr Wins PCA Luxury Ladies EventJanuary 16, 2011