Viktor Blom, a Swedish poker player, is now well known for his high stakes games in online poker rooms in his online poker name “Isildur1”. There have been some difficulties in getting him to admit that the screen name was indeed his, but as things moved on, he then revealed himself to the public. Of course, he is also known for winning huge chunks of cash when playing, but there are also times when he loses big.
The Mystery Isildur1
Of course, the player “Isildur1” was pretty much a mystery player for over a year, and other poker players even speculated as to who the mysterious Isildur1 was. Of course, Isildur1 then agreed to the terms of PokerStars and joined in with the rest of the Team PokerStars Pro, which revealed his real identity as Viktor Blom.
Back then during the times when he was still only known as the player who goes by the screen name of Isildur1, he would usually play at the high stakes tables of Full Tilt Poker, and would usually be on the spotlight winning huge bucks at instances and losing huge bucks at times. The Isildur1 screen name was famous for winning and losing millions of dollars in a single day, and is even known for playing against some of the world’s best cash game players such as Tom Dwan and Patrik Antonius.
Same Old Same Old
Blom now usually plays at PokerStars in high stakes games, but he has been absent for quite a number of months now. It was up until recently that the name Isildur1 was once again spotted playing at the online tables of PokerStars. Of course, his reappearance during the past week immediately put him on the spotlights as he was able to win a pretty huge $1.6 million in the weekend. Winning that huge of an amount of cash in three days does tend to get the attention of others. Of course, much like his usual antics, he later on proceeded to lose around half of what he won just on Tuesday. It would seem that Blom was playing a number of heads up matches against a number of players including Brian Townsend and Phil Galfond.
It is great to know that Viktor Blom is still hanging out in online poker rooms, still with his same old style of gaming, which is what he is known for – winning big, and sometimes losing as well.
More Related Articles
- High Stakes Poker Gearing up for Season 7October 26, 2010
- The $1 million Promise: Tom Dwan and Phil Galfond Hounded by PlayersJuly 25, 2011
- Black Friday Redux: DOJ Targets Other Poker SitesMay 24, 2011
- Michael Eiler Secures Victory at EPT ViennaNovember 03, 2010
- Durrrr Challenge Redux May Begin this WeekAugust 26, 2010
- Epic Poker League to be Sued by Michael DiVitaSeptember 22, 2011
- Scott Montgomery and Anette Obrestad now a CoupleSeptember 25, 2010
- Liberty Poker Club to Remain ClosedMay 26, 2010
- World’s First 3D Online Poker GameSeptember 07, 2010
- PKR Nominated for the Poker Operator of the year Award for the Third TimeOctober 17, 2011