Perhaps the most high profile player who has yet to win a WSOP bracelet is Tom ‘durrrr’ Dwan. This young poker pro is one of the best cash players in the industry, but though he has appeared in a number of WSOP final tables, he has not ever won a single bracelet. However, when the dust settled at the $10,000 H.O.R.S.E championship, everyone was pretty surprised to see Tom Dwan’s name on the leader board as they headed into the final table. Would this No Limit Hold’em specialist get his first title at a H.O.R.S.E championship? The answer, as it turned out, was a tragic no.
It really seemed like Tom Dwan would finally get rid of the stigma of being a top player without any WSOP bracelet when he entered into the final table of the H.O.R.S.E tournament. He had about a quarter of all the chips in the game, giving him a huge chip lead over the others. It really seemed like he would win this time. however, as the final table progressed, it was revealed that Tom Dwan had been eliminated at fifth place. He must have run into some major bad luck for him to lose all those chips in such a short amount of time. It appears as if he has to wait for a little bit more before he can get his hands on that bracelet.
This wasn’t the first time that Tom Dwan came close but ultimately fell short. Last year, the poker world was practically turned upside down when he made it all the way to the heads up portion of the tournament. Some of the biggest poker professionals in the world watched with bated breath as Dwan tried to win his first bracelet. There were millions and millions of side bets hinging on whether Dwan would get a bracelet or not. If he won, he would’ve gotten the biggest payday of his career. The poker world released a relieved breath when he lost. The pros could keep their money in their pockets. Some of those bets, however, carried over to this year, so there was no doubt a number of relieved pros once again when Dwan ducked out at 5th place. With Tom Dwan’s huge bankroll from his mastering of online cash games, he will no doubt be back to fight another day.
More Related Articles
- Team China Wins World Cup of Poker VIJanuary 17, 2010
- Big Cash Game Spruces up Asian Poker TourNovember 18, 2010
- Gregory Brooks Wins WPT LA Poker ClassicMarch 05, 2011
- PokerStars Home Games Suspended by ARJELFebruary 11, 2011
- Barry Greenstein and Linda Johnson Added to the Poker Hall of FameOctober 30, 2011
- 2011 Irish Winter Festival NearingOctober 23, 2011
- Black Friday Redux: DOJ Targets Other Poker SitesMay 24, 2011
- WSOP Grudge Matches: Erik Seidel vs. Johnny ChanJune 02, 2011
- PKR Wins Poker Operator of the Year AwardDecember 12, 2010
- 2011 World Series of Poker Circuit Biloxi Kicks OffNovember 07, 2011