The fascination with shoes is something that many people can’t just get. There are some people who live their whole lives with only one pair of comfortable footwear. Others tend to go for a more practical three to eight, one for each occasion. Poker player, Beth Shak, however, has a totally different idea. She has an – and at this point, feel very free to gasp – astounding collection of 1,200 pairs of shoes. One can easily see where all those poker winnings are going. She happens to be one of Christian Louboutin, shoe designers, most avid customers.
About Beth Shak
First, though, some of you might be wondering who exactly Beth Shak is. She’s not much of a headliner when it comes to poker tournaments, but she has held her own since she started playing professionally last 2004. She’s one of the best female poker players in the world, with ten tournament cashes to her name. She alsof inished eighth in the 2005 WSOP Ladies Event and second at the 2007 WSOP $3K No-Limit Hold’em event. All in all, her winnings at live poker tournaments amount to about $500,000. Beth Shak was the wife of fellow poker pro, Daniel Shak. But they got divorced.
Beth Shak’s Shoes
Beth Shak is a very active philantrophist, but that does not mean that she has no hobbies. Her biggest one happens to be shoes. Right now, Beth Shak owns about 1,200 pairs of shoes. Her favorite designer is Christian Louboutin. She buys one Louboutin Shoe each time she plays at a poker tournament. One pair is worth $500 – $900, so imagine how much her whole collection is worth. She also buys shoes from other designers, though Louboutin is her preferred brand. Sometimes, she buys a pair of shoes and never wears them again, even if that pair costs several thousands of dollars. Of course, her collection is still a wan comparison to Imelda Marcos 2,700 pairs of shoes. Imelda was the wife of former Philippine dictator, Ferdinand Marcos, and her collection was one that inspired the ire of many when it was discovered during a raid on the presidential palace. Beth Shak’s collection, though less than half, is much more impressive considering that she bought them all through her own money and through her own hard work. Shak also designs hoodies and shirts and is thinking of starting her own shoe line.
More Related Articles
- Hindsight Shows that it was Good that Poker Bill DiedDecember 28, 2010
- News for Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet Poker Player FundsDecember 29, 2011
- Doyle Brunson’s Twitter Poll Generates Interesting ResultsOctober 16, 2010
- Andras Koroknai Wins the WPT L.A. Poker ClassicMarch 06, 2010
- Isildur1 Vs. Isaac “philivey2694” HaxtonDecember 18, 2010
- APPT Crowns its First Female Main Event ChampNovember 19, 2010
- Erik Seidel Wins Aussie Millions Super High Roller EventJanuary 28, 2011
- Faulty Cards Used at WSOPJune 19, 2011
- Casino Owner Opposes Online Poker Legislation, Poker Players FuriousDecember 14, 2011
- 2011 World Series of Poker Circuit Biloxi Kicks OffNovember 07, 2011