Phil Hellmuth, with his legendary WSOP Bracelet Collection, has just joined the line-up for the Party Poker Premier League in Las Vegas. On February 12 to 18, he’ll be playing alongside the defending champions, JC Tran and Yevgeniy Timoshenko, in the main event.
A Legend in their Midst
There’s no doubt at all that the tension rises to a stifling degree when Hellmuth enters into a tournament. It’s pretty hard to keep from being intimidated when an 11-time WSOP bracelet winner is in your table. It doesn’t help at all too that his mouth tends to run rampant at times. Premier League is one of Hellmuth’s haunts. He joined the Premier League in the years 2006 to 2008, and in all events he has come out as one of the points leaders. This year, Hellmuth says that, for him, “it’s time to step up and claim a title”. He’s certainly in high spirits and is hopefull that this year will be his year. Certainly, it would make one of the most explosive starts to the new decade if he really does manage to win this one.
With JC Tran winning the third Premier League, Andy Black the second one, and Juha Helppi taking the first, could Phil Hellmuth really be the fourth winner? We certainly don’t know yet, but you can expect that we’ll be there to find out.
A Chance to Make it Big
However, this event isn’t just for the pros. Party Poker has also ensured that even new players can get a chance to join the event. Sixteen players will be given a chance to go to Vegas to join the Premier League Poker Play off, but only one of them will move on to play with the pros in the Premier League Poker IV. Basically, they will have to play some sit & go’s in Vegas until a winner is proclaimed. The winner will be the only one to win the $100,000 buy-in for the Premier League event. It’ll be a very harrowing experience for anyone, especially as he’ll be sitting down with the sharks. But here’s a big opportunity that could possibly become the biggest break in the participant’s life. Anyone who turns this one down because of fear would be a complete and utter pool, especially if you take the $1.5 million prize pool. Who knows, it might just be the rookie who takes home the bacon this time. Sign up to PartyPoker using the Party Poker Bonus Code: THEGAME
More Related Articles
- Drama in the Caribbean: Jeff Garza Spits on Bryn KenneyJanuary 21, 2010
- Eugene Katchalov Wins PCA Super High Roller EventJanuary 12, 2011
- 888 Poker’s 8 Ways to the WSOPFebruary 05, 2010
- Patrik Antonius Recovers from Losing StreakAugust 17, 2010
- The durrrr Challenge: Dwan Wins $63,000December 19, 2010
- Tom Dwan Gains another contender for his “durrrr” ChallengeAugust 14, 2010
- Trishelle Cannatella Wins Trash Talk ChampionshipsFebruary 08, 2010
- Greg Raymer Wears Full Tilt Patch at the NHUPCMarch 06, 2011
- PKR Wins Poker Operator of the Year AwardDecember 12, 2010
- SuperStar Showdown: Isildur1 to Face Daniel NegreanuMarch 14, 2011