Google TV has a line up of applications and the one recently big addition to the list is Zynga Poker. Zynga, owner of perhaps the most popular poker application with over 30 million users around the world, has made a huge move towards the mainstream lights and agreed to make the said application available for Google TV.
Google TV’s Trouble
Google TV is a Smart TV platform that is designed to let users enjoy applications, sites, and other contents including one of the most popular contents which is Netflix.
Of course, there have been some bad reviews of Google TV, and for a moment, things were not going too well. Logitech, one of Google TV’s hardware supporters even backed out of the platform due to the reason that it lost over $100 million on operating profits on the Logitech Revenue Google TV device.
Google TV has been struggling in the market due to a number of problems and the lack of content, but with the recent addition of a number of applications, including the highly popular Zynga Poker, things can change. Although Google TV already supports Flash based sites, which gives its users the ability to play Flash games including Zynga Poker, the Google TV version of Zynga Poker will be superior in regards to the aesthetics and the gameplay.
An Enhanced Experience for Zynga Poker Players
Of course, Zynga Poker will receive a number of changes to it in order to make the experience of the users as best as possible. The graphics will be revamped and the control system will also be changed in order for the application to take full advantage of the Google TV remote. Users will now be able enjoy the game with a better experience.
“Especially optimized for playing poker from the comfort of your own couch, Zynga Poker for Google TV features custom graphics and a new way to control the game with Google TV remote,” a Zynga representative said in a blog post released by Google. “Up the ante and play Zynga Poker from just about anywhere, whether you’re commuting to work or taking a break to connect with friends.”
With that said, there is no doubt that both Zynga Poker and Google TV will benefit much from the agreement. Zynga Poker will be able to expand to a new platform, while Google TV will be able to attract the attention of the aspiring poker players out there and gain new users.
More Related Articles
- New Countries to Join World Team PokerSeptember 07, 2010
- Myserious Swede Playing at Full Tilt PokerFebruary 16, 2011
- Durrrr Challenge Redux May Begin this WeekAugust 26, 2010
- France: Poker is a not a Game of ChanceAugust 06, 2011
- Kurt Jewell Wins Hammond Main EventOctober 27, 2010
- Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier Considers going Pro for StarCraft 2October 25, 2010
- Doyle Brunson Takes a Break from PokerFebruary 06, 2010
- Big Cash Game Spruces up Asian Poker TourNovember 18, 2010
- Galen Hall Wins PCA Main EventJanuary 17, 2011
- Legalization of Online Poker in the US might just start in NevadaMarch 14, 2011