It’s no secret that Full Tilt Poker has the most impressive roster of poker pros out of all the Poker Networks out there. So, just hearing the name “Full Tilt Poker Academy” is enough to make any poker enthusiast stand in attention. As a matter of fact, that’s exactly what happened at the Aussie Millions when the Full Tilt Poker Academy decided to hold a couple of seminars at the Crown Casino.
A Lecture from “The Professor”
A lot of people wanted to get into the academy, but sadly, it was a rather exclusive affair. The only ones who had access to the lecture were the Full Tilt Qualifiers and the 25 players who managed to get into the Aussie Millions through PokerNetwork’s freeroll. The whole affair started at 10:30 AM, beginning with a luxurious breakfast as well as a ‘membership shirt’ of sorts that was made especially for the Full Tilt Academy Lecture. It was scheduled to end at 12:30 PM, giving the pros a whole two hours to give their say about the game. As was appropriate, it was Howard “the Professor” Lederer who gave the opening lecture. He started by saying that there is ‘no right way’ to play poker and went on to provide a couple of tips aimed at maximizing one’s stamina for a tiring tournament.
More Lectures from the Most Seasoned Pros
Lederer’s speech was followed by Gus Hansen. Hansen, like Lederer before him, bashed the concept of ‘playing correctly’ and used a rather colorful vocabulary to do so. He said that if you play correctly all the time, then you’re a ‘pretty fucking shit player!’. Needless to say, the crowd raved. They just loved Gus and his colorful language, and picked up some pretty neat advise on disguising one’s hand as well.
Erick Lindgren was the one who followed Hansen, discussing the concept of ‘accountability’ and going into some pretty detailed analysis of several hands. Then, it was Billy “The Croc” Argyros turn to give a lecture, which he spent by discussing and analyzing Pot Limit Omaha. Robert Romanello gave a pretty significant lecture about well-timed “folds” and also discussed about “tells” that you should watch out for. Then, Jonathan Karamalikis and Simon Watt gave their lectures as well.
Overall, the lucky few who were invited into the lecture really learned a lot about Table Image, Tells, Mixed games, and more. It was a very successful event that truly showed the merits of the Full Tilt Poker Academy.
More Related Articles
- World’s First 3D Online Poker GameSeptember 07, 2010
- Randal Flowers Acquires WPT Festa al Lago TitleOctober 22, 2010
- John Juanda Wins a WSOP Bracelet; Hellmuth Misses his ChanceJune 13, 2011
- Viktor Blom Possibly Facing $149 Million Tax BillJanuary 18, 2011
- Joe Hachem fails to get Triple Crown Yet AgainOctober 08, 2010
- World Series of Poker Europe – Fabrice “FabSoul” Soulier will Play from FranceSeptember 08, 2011
- Viktor “Isildur1” Blom’s Bankroll takes a DiveMarch 04, 2011
- WSOP to host a $1 million Buy-in Event Next YearJune 05, 2011
- Poker Industry gets its own Energy DrinkSeptember 18, 2010
- MLB Confronts A-Rod Over Poker ControversyAugust 29, 2011