As one of the biggest series in the poker world is underway, a lot of prominent faces in the industry have gathered up to participate in the £5,000 buy in main event. Day 1b attracted a total of 280 players to come in and join the fray, including Doyle Brunson, Barry Greenstein, Nick Binger, and Robert Romanello, former EPT Champion, who all made it on to the next day. Unfortunately for John Duthie, David Ulliott, Xuan Liu, and Phil Collins, they did not make it to day 2. Of course, a number of Team PokerStars members were also in at day 1b including Daniel Negreany, Vanessa Russo, Joe Hachem, and Vanessa Selbst. Other prominent faces of the game also went in including Will Failla, who’s had a pretty good run with several tournaments pretty recently, Jean-Robert Bellande, Justin Bonomo, and Annette Obrestad.
John Gale Climbs Up
Former WPT Champion John Gale managed to climb up in terms of chip count. It was Dan Shak who gave Gale a chunk of chips when they went against each other during a hand. Gale managed to get 10-8, and got a straight with it right after the flop came about. Even though Dan already had a pocket of 6’s, and the cards on the board gave out another 6, there weren’t any improvements to be found and he was stuck with a three of a kind. Gale, was able to take his chips past the 100k thanks to the match.
On to the Next Day
At the end of the day, it was John Gale who climbed up the ranks of the leader board with the chip lead. Of course, he’s not at all guaranteed to win as there are still a number of formidable opponents around for him. One of which is Jason Mercier, who has done impressively well throughout the day. Sam Stein is also around and he’s done pretty well so far, considering Gale doesn’t really have a huge lead over the rest. Things are still to be decided on the next days of the tournament, on who will be the player to top the rest in this year’s EPT London.
More Related Articles
- New Countries to Join World Team PokerSeptember 07, 2010
- The durrrr Challenge: Dwan Gains some GroundDecember 10, 2010
- Peter Jetten Joins Full Tilt PokerJanuary 12, 2011
- Poker Hall of Fame Candidates for 2010 RevealedSeptember 07, 2010
- Erik Seidel Wins Aussie Millions Super High Roller EventJanuary 28, 2011
- Lamborghini Gallardo to be Given Away by PokerStarsAugust 15, 2010
- Woman Steals Poker Pro’s WinningsSeptember 07, 2010
- European Poker Tour London: Day 1BOctober 08, 2011
- Make-a-Wish Poker Tournament to be Held at the Diamond JimMay 16, 2010
- CEREUS Network Denies BankruptcyMay 08, 2011