At last, we get a really famous poker pro winning a WSOP Bracelet this year. Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier has long been hailed as one of the best poker players in the world, but he has yet to earn a WSOP bracelet. Now, however, by winning Event No. 21, the $10,000 Seven-card stud, he joins the ranks of the elite and marks himself as a true world champion in the game of poker.
Bertrand Grospellier is considered one of the best in the industry, but he has never won a WSOP bracelet until now. His very first final table was actually way back in 2005, so he’s been aiming for this victory for quite a long time. He said in an interview that the closest time he ever went to winning one was when he made the final table back in 2007. It’s still pretty amazing, though, that even if he did not win a WSOP bracelet, ElkY still managed to build a very intimidating reputation as a poker player. Also, this is actually ElkY’s first time playing stud in a live poker tournament. That he managed to win it on his first try really proves how talented this Frenchman is. Furthermore, what makes this win more significant for him is that it gave him his much coveted Triple Crown. He now has a victory in the World Poker Tour, the European Poker Tour, and with this win, the World Series of Poker. He’s really having a stellar performance in this year’s WSOP. He has already cashed in three events, including this first place finish.
The Final Table
ElkY bested a field of 126 to get where he is right now. Interestingly, the previous champion of the same tournament, Men Nguyen, actually became the bubble boy for the final table. At ninth place was poker pro, Nick Schulman. At eight was Chris Tryba, quickly followed by Kevin Tang. Chad Brown exited at sixth place, then followed by Alexander Kostrtisyn. John Hennigan exited at fourth place, followed by Maxwell Troy. It was Steve Landfish and Bertrand Grospellier who battled it out at heads up. Landfish actually held a 15:1 chip lead over ElkY. Such odds are pretty difficult to beat, so this shows exactly just how talented and deserving of his Bracelet ElkY really is. He won a $331,649 grand prize for his victory as well as his first ever WSOP bracelet.
More Related Articles
- Patrik Antonius Recovers from Losing StreakAugust 17, 2010
- Isildur1 Loses $200,000June 01, 2011
- France Opens its Arms to Titan PokerDecember 07, 2010
- The durrrr Challenge: Dwan Wins $63,000December 19, 2010
- XWINK resorts to Loaning on Full Tilt PokerMarch 21, 2011
- Liv Boeree Wins Women’s Sunday Tournament at PokerStarsAugust 25, 2011
- durrrr Challenge Update: Dwan in the lead by $878,490January 30, 2010
- Matty Yates Wins $60,000 and Wife gets to Have itAugust 31, 2011
- Duhamel Speaks About His WSOP Main Event VictoryNovember 12, 2010
- Macau High Stakes Poker Games Wrap UpNovember 25, 2010