Right after days of harsh eliminations, the 2011 WPT Five Diamond World Poker Classic is now ready to head on to its final tables. Right at the top of the chip count is Soi Nguyen, but things are still unclear as to who will rise up to be the champion as there are still a number of skilled players to proceed with Nguyen to the final table.
The Table’s Big 3
Eliminations during the day 5 were pretty harsh, and the final table players were decided as soon as Larry Wells was eliminated on seventh place by Soi Nguyen. Nguyen has done pretty well for the day as he managed to bag a stack that nears the 5 million mark, just being 5k chips short. Of course, Nguyen should not at all rest easy as there are still players with big stacks to play at the final table for the next day including his closest competitor in chip holdings, James Dempsey, with a stack totalling jsut a little over 3.8 million. Of course, another player close to the 4 million mark is Andrew Lichtenberger, who has a total of 3.6 million chips sitting right on the third spot.
As we proceed on to the list of chip holders, you will notice that these following players are not to be taken lightly. Vanessa Selbst for example, has played consistently well throughout the days of the event, not to mention she also has a nice overall earnings in her career, and managed to come in on fourth, with a pretty strong 2.25 million chip stack. Right on fifth is Antonio Esfandiary, who also has respectable overall tournament earnings to show. And of course, right on the sixth spot as the final table’s short stack is Vitor Coelho, who has been doing great lately in recent poker tournaments.
James Dempsey is up on seat 1 with his 3.86 million chips followed by Vitor Coelho on seat 2, with 560k, just around 9 big blinds. On seat 3 is Antonio Esfandiari, with 1.255 million chips followed by Andrew Lichtenberger, with a pretty solid 3.605 million chips on seat 4. On seat 5 is Vanessa Selbst, having a total of 2.25 million chips for the final table, followed by the final table starting chip leader, Soi Nguyen, with a total of 4.995 million on seat 6.
More Related Articles
- New Countries to Join World Team PokerSeptember 07, 2010
- Blom vs. Katchalov: The VerdictFebruary 14, 2011
- Russian Spy with ties to Poker Industry ArrestedJuly 05, 2010
- GUKPT Blackpool Main Event Concluded: Andrew Peters the ChampionNovember 15, 2011
- Online poker Shutdown: U.S. may face WTO Action for breaking international Trade Laws.April 24, 2011
- Joe Cada to Play Host in WSOP Main Event QualifierMay 13, 2010
- Mexico to Hold First National Poker TournamentAugust 15, 2010
- EPT Berlin Season 7 Final Table: Battle of the big pokiesApril 10, 2011
- Full Tilt Poker’s “Double Guarantees Week” to be Launched on the 25thJanuary 18, 2010
- Gus Hansen Loses $345,000 at High Stakes TablesMay 26, 2011